Master the art and science of aromatherapy to boost your childbirth practice
Aromatherapy and essential oils are among the most commonly used integrative health products used by expecting mothers. Yet, much of the information expecting mothers rely on is downright dangerous. As a childbirth professional, your clients trust you for evidence-based recommendations to keep them and their children healthy.
This 3-module micro-credential prepares you to add aromatherapy to your expertise by empowering you to master the science of aromatic medicine, including both the risks and benefits of essential oils. Each module delivers 4 live, interactive hours of essential oil education; in-person course options deliver all 3 modules in 2 days, while online course options deliver 1 module per week for 3 weeks.
- Attend in-person or enjoy a live-streamed, interactive class from anywhere in the world
- Learn from experts in the clinical aromatherapy research field
- Gain access to cutting edge research on the use of EOs during pregnancy
- Participate in a close-knit cohort with class sizes limited to 6 participants
- Gain access to ready-to-use protocols you can begin with your clients right away
- Enjoy over 2 dozen client-ready handouts with full reproduction rights
Upon completion of this micro-credential program, you will be able to:
- Define the process by which essential oils are absorbed into the body through multiple methods of administration
- Explain the pharmacokinetics of essential oils within the body
- Select safe and effective essential oils for each stage of pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- Develop custom protocols by matching preparation methods with client needs
- Recognize dangerous recommendations your client may have received elsewhere
- Calculate safe dosages which meet the needs of mom, baby, and the birthing team
- Formulate blends to meet each laboring person’s unique emotional and medicinal needs
- Translate cutting-edge research into practical application in this rapidly growing field
The Science of Aromatic Medicine During Pregnancy/Birth: Topics include: pharmacology and toxicology of essential oils during pregnancy, teratogenicity, neonatal toxicology, essential oil pharmacokinetics, medicinal applications, and dosing.
Aromatherapy During Pregnancy: Topics include: essential oil safety during each trimester, an overview of the literature, ongoing research, and application methods during each trimester. Evidence-based aromatherapy treatment protocols for: morning sickness, fatigue, stretch marks, headaches, hemorrhoids, insomnia, and backaches. (Treatment protocols include client handouts with reproduction rights.)
Labor, Delivery, & Postpartum: Topics include: labor induction, sensory changes of labor and birth, application methods, and treatment protocols. Evidence-based aromatherapy treatment protocols for: labor enhancement, pain, anxiety, afterpains, wound healing for episiotomies or tearing, scar prevention, sore nipples, postpartum emotional healing, childbirth-related emotional trauma, and cesarean section support (nausea, pain management, and surgical healing). (Treatment protocols include client handouts with reproduction rights.)