As essential oils become more and more commonplace, the need for qualified and experienced professionals is rapidly growing. This booming industry requires essential oil experts who are capable of educating and empowering clients on the safe and effective applications of essential oils and experts who can formulate essential oil based products for a growing market.
FSIHS graduates enjoy a wide range of employment opportunities and earning potential varies depending on your chosen path. Many graduates launch their own businesses prior to program completion. This may consist of formulation and manufacturing of your own product line, consulting with integrative health medical offices, health food stores, or product formulators, or establishing your own consulting practice as an integrative health professional. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, integrative health professionals typically earn between $40 and $70 an hour.
Aromatherapy certification is also valuable for professionals in related fields ranging from massage therapy to the practice of medicine. During a typical term, between 25% and 35% of the FSIHS student body consists of licensed medical professionals who are preparing to integrate herbalism or aromatherapy into their practices. According to Careers in Focus, an aromatherapy credential enables professionals to increase earning potential by an additional $5,000 – $10,000 each year.
FSIHS graduates earn a living by:
- operating a private consulting practice
- integrating aromatherapy into your existing medical practice
- creating your own line of personal care products
- working for the essential oil industry as a product consultant
- launching your own line of essential oils & blends
- creating your own line of natural household products
- consulting with established medical centers or Hospice
- educating the public on aromatherapy through books, workshops, and courses
- and so much more!