FSIHS offers 7 program majors to choose from.
The Franklin School of Integrative Health Sciences was established in 2013 by Dr. Jessie Hawkins to raise the bar in herbalism and aromatherapy education. FSIHS is the only aromatherapy college in the US with a full research team of professionals conducting original scientific studies into the effects of herbs and essential oils. As a formally recognized college, educational credentials earned from FSIHS provide our graduates with the recognition and credibility necessary to achieve success both within and outside of the world of natural health.
Our mission at the Franklin School of Integrative Health Sciences is to educate, train, and prepare both today’s and tomorrow’s leaders in the field of natural health through rigorous, science based, and research focused educational programs.
To accomplish our goals of providing an unsurpassed educational opportunity, we have set the following objectives:
- to provide an academically superior education in the integrative health field which extends beyond merely remembering and understanding knowledge to empower students to apply, analyze, evaluate, and create knowledge in the field.
- to provide affordable, attainable programs which are delivered in an accepting, inclusive environment which supports a diverse student body representing a wide range of backgrounds and cultures from around the world.
- to create, interpret, and disseminate scientific education regarding the safety and efficacy of botanical medicines, essential oils, health behaviors, and preventive health practices.
- to produce graduates who excel professionally and are capable of achieving profitable careers in the field.
- to be a quality and reliable source of continuing scientific education for existing professionals in the integrative health field.
Why do we exist? The FSIHS exists to produce leaders in the field of natural health who are capable change-makers and will guide the field into tomorrow by integrating scientific evidence into the practice.
Natural health education is currently a minefield with countless schools offering study options and programs which offer diplomas and certificates that hold no academic legitimacy. These schools may use fake accreditations, such as those from the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, to appear legitimate. This deceitful approach threatens the success of its students and graduates, leaving them vulnerable to education fraud, which is a crime in many states.
When looking for a program to help prepare you to enter the field as a competent professional, it’s crucial that your study program hold academic recognition through an educational oversight agency authorized at the state and/or federal level. This ensures academic competency, diversity of instructors, qualifications of instructors, suitability of coursework, and financial stability.
Thanks to the FSIHS’s postsecondary authorization, our graduates enter the field fully prepared to achieve success with a credential recognized around the world: a college diploma.